Serenity-WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gear Progression

2 posters

Go down

Gear Progression Empty Gear Progression

Post by Ryder Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Hello! Below, please give us our opinions on our current gear progression system.

OPTION 1
PvE
Level 1-100 -> Leveling Gear
Starting level 100 gear -> Soloable, dungeon/currency gear.

• You can obtain jewelry from a series of chain quests after the currency gear.

Tier 1 -> Grouped, 5 man content. Currently looking into having players keep Weapons/Jewelry from previous tier
Tier 2 -> 5 man dungeons, and quests for jewerly, 10 man Raid for gear and last boss for weapons.

PvP
The PvP gear will begin at tier 1, for balance sake.
First Season(tier 1 equivalent) -> Honor
Second Season (tier 2 equivalent) -> Arena Points

OPTION 2
Level 1-100 -> leveling gear, free.
Starting gear -> you are given weapon, and gear on level 100, but not Jewelry.
Tier .5 -> You do a quest chain for jewelry, perhaps 2-3 man quests here and there for a cape or something? Afterwards you do a soloable dungeon or 2 for currency for main set.
Tier 1 -> 5 man Dungeons for Jewelry. 10 man raid for Main Set/Weapons. Perhaps some soloable quests for off-sets? Wrist, Belt, Boots.

Last edited by Ryder on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ryder
Admin

https://serenity-wow.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Gear Progression Empty Re: Gear Progression

Post by wizlol Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:32 pm

So everything should be surrounding doing grouped content in order to progress gear wise? Should have it so that atleast the first tier to be gained from doing Soloable questing and such. Since there is quite a few players that are in for the Soloable content, and are not that much for the dungeons.
wizlol
wizlol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryder Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:35 pm

wizlol wrote:So everything should be surrounding doing grouped content in order to progress gear wise? Should have it so that atleast the first tier to be gained from doing Soloable questing and such. Since there is quite a few players that are in for the Soloable content, and are not that much for the dungeons.

So how would you suggest we alter, or create our gear system?

Ryder
Admin

https://serenity-wow.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wizlol Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:47 am

Off-topic:
In my opinion you should not care so much about the gear in the beginning since you're just starting off with this project, you should spend more time thinking of content creation, such as raids and dungeons.

These tiers you're talking about could be put aside for a little bit. I have no idea how far you have come on your project, but this was literally the first this that came to your mind when you started this project.

Gear:
So these tiers that you're in the making of creating seems to be a bit unfair for most people. The majority of the players would most likely stick with solo content for a while, so if there is not enough solo content and gear progression for the Soloable content there will not be much love surrounding the gearing process.
If you "force" players into doing dungeons after getting all of the Soloable dungeon gear, they will most likely not be fine with doing anymore dungeons.

The "1-100" system you're thinking of adding, is pretty lame and overused, you should go for something new. Most 255 servers does this and it makes the leveling boring, and it adds no "cool feature" to the leveling, even tho you got good gear and you can reach level 255 within an hour or so, it still doesn't make it fun.

-Tiers
All the tiers should not be accessable right from the start, like you should be able to jump from tier 1 up to tier 5. You should make it so that it is like Seasons in arenas for example, or once you notice that most of the players that are active have reached the peak of the current content, then you should give them the new tier with the new gear progress.

I honestly think that tiers should be able to me acquired during farming solo content, it should take just as long as it takes to get that sertant tier from doing ordinary dungeons. So there is some sort of fair balance between questing for tiers and doing dungeons for tiers.

-Item stats
Item stats is pretty important to me, because I don't like when it gets to unbalanced because people that makes servers nowadays don't know how to balance the gear nor calculate the amount of crit, haste, resil, etc. that is needed to make a gear set completely balanced, they just put in some crazy stats and hope for the best, or just don't find it a big deal. It is important if you're going to try to balance the classes, which I'm pretty sure you will do, hah.

You spoke to me on skype about this last week, and you told me something like that the starter gear is not that important to you. Well for some people it is, if you have starter gear with all the stats as 100+, it won't really stand out and it wont really let the players know that it is something to look forward to, when I see something like this I pretty much think: "Oh, just another lazy dev server...".

You should take your time calculating the gear, when the player reach the max level, you should reduce the stats cap aswell. So people can't crit as often, and same goes for haste and all the other stats.
wizlol
wizlol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum